Details on Street Fighter X Tekken for the PS Vita
Capcom has laid out the details for the upcoming PS Vita port of Street Fighter X Tekken. Included with the Vita version is all of the characters from the console version plus a few new characters, Cross-Platform play, and the ability to assign moves to certain touch screen points on the front or back of the handheld. Find the full list of features below.
- 55 Playable Characters – In addition to the core roster of 38 characters from the console version and the 5 exclusive characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version will arrive with a free download code for the 12 new playable characters: Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy, and Sakura from the Street Fighter side, and Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack-X, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong from the Tekken side.
- Cross-Platform Play – Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross-Platform Play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita’s 3G connection.
Vita Exclusive Features:
- Augmented Reality: Pose and take pictures of your favorite characters, and then place them in real life photos.
- Front and Rear Touch Panels: Create the size and positioning of extra buttons on the front and rear touch panels, and customize these with different moves. Also, menus now work with the touch screen.
- Near: Customize the costumes of your characters, and share them with other Vita owners that pass by. Collect other players’ custom costumes.
- KO Monument: Collect trophies from the players you beat and build the ultimate KO monument.
- Ad-Hoc Fight Request: Turn this mode on to automatically challenge other Vita owners in your area. Share replays after the battle.
- Gallery Mode: Collect different sounds and movies from the game, and play them in the gallery.
- PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing – All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customized data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.
- And… 38 Free Alternate Costumes! In addition to receiving the free code for the 12 new characters, Vita players will receive a second free code that can be used to unlock the alternate costumes for the core roster of 38 characters. Additionally, anyone who pre-orders the upcoming PS Vita version at select retailers will be rewarded with free alternate costumes for the 12 new characters.
What do you think? It looks like it will be recieving a lot of extra features, but if you already own the PS3 or Xbox 360 version, does this one warrant another purchase? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. The Playstation Vita version of the game is expected to release on October 23rd.